Today is my 200th birthday. Amazing how much has happened in my short life, one day Perhaps I might even write a story on my less-than-adventurous life !
I’m a list fanatic and I promised myself that I would write down and share some of the things that I am grateful for.
Gratitude is often a practiced emotion. It is an attitude we can train ourselves to step into more often. The more you can cultivate gratitude in your life, the more good things you’ll automatically attract to yourself. It will help keep your mind focused on positive things. Instead of constantly complaining, you will find that you’re more on the look-out for positive things to write down. Those things that bother you will become petty as you look around and notice that you’re doing pretty good already as it is.
Hopefully my list will serve as a reminder to some of you of things that you are grateful for but have overlooked
1. I am grateful for my husband
I am the luckiest woman in this world coz my husband is the kindest, most loving and most cooperative man I know of, He has a fantastic sense of humor and is a great father. He also knows how to “handle” ME !!!
2. I am grateful for the fulfillment of Motherhood
I have three absolutely gorgeous boys aged 9.7,6 They are the second best thing in my life after my husband and my life revolves around them. They make it possible for me be happy and to pursue my creative dreams.
3. I am grateful for the rewards of good health.
Although I abuse my body with cups and cups of coffee. I am relatively better off than most women.
4. I am grateful that I have a roof over my head.
This is our dream home that we bought 3 years back. It is my little piece of heaven on earth.
5. I am grateful that I was born in a family where My grandmother loved me, supported me and had unbelievable faith in all I did. My small card company is known by her name Amina, Sadly she passed away five years back. I am grateful that she got to see and play with all three of my boys.
6. I am grateful that I am staying in Dubai, since last 17 years, we have virtually seen it grow in terms of construction, economic growth and tourism, It is one of the nicest and safest places to live in inspite of the high cost of living.
7. I am grateful for having my sister so close to me. Thankfully we are more friends than sisters.
8. I am grateful for having been blessed with a creative streak. It has been an extension of my personality without which I would be so incomplete.
9. I am grateful for having been blessed with the unconditional love of my cats. Keiki and Pepper.
10. I am grateful for having my parentslove and faith
11. I am grateful that I drive the car I once could only dream off, GMC Yukon, thanks to my husband
12. I am grateful for being able to Spend Money without Counting the Cost
13. I am grateful for being able to take annual Vacations in Interesting & Exotic Places.
14. I am grateful for having a few but friends I can rely on Judy Sauliha, Onaiza, Omer, Shabbir, Philip.
15. I am grateful for the years I spent working at jobs I did They have allowed me to learn to work with a wide range of people. That has taught me tolerance and patience with people from different cultures and nationalities.
16. I am grateful for all the people that I have met on different jobs both colleguaes and clients
17. I am grateful for each day that I am allowed to share with everyone.
18. For Being Able to Wake Up at Any Time I Choose.
19. For the Reassurance of Family Ties
20. For the Chance to Celebrate another Birthday.
I am grateful that the ALMIGHTY HAS MADE ME THE WAY “I AM”:
- For My Sense of Humor.
- For Being Able to just Be Myself.
- For being frugal.
- For Not Sweating over the Small Stuff
- For the Happiness of Helping Others.
- For Every Setback that Made Me Stronger.
- For the Courage to Admit When I’m Wrong
- For the Courage to be Persistent but Not Overbearing.
- For Standing Up when I Stumble and Fall.
- For Being Able to Stand Up for My Rights.
- For Being Able to Reflect on My Greatest Weakness, and Realize how it is My Greatest Strength
- For the Release of Closure and Moving On.
- For the Love Lost and the Love Won.
- For Not Being too Proud to Learn New Things.
- For Being Able to Learn New Things Each and Everyday.
- For the Love of My Loved Ones.
- For Being an Open, Caring and Sharing Person.
- For Not Giving Up.
- For Being Able to Support Worthwhile Charities.
- For all the Good Things I have Done in My Life.
- For seeing the Positive in a Negative World.
- For the Great Many Things I am Going to Do Tomorrow.
- For Living the Dream.
- For the Blessings of a Great Career and Business.
- For the Opportunity of Doing Something New.
- For Being Able to Cry when I’m Happy.
- For Being Able to Cruise in My Car.
- For All the Mistakes I Made, which made me none the wiser.
- For All The Little Blessings I Take For Granted.
- For embracing my faults and allowing them to become assets
- For the Promise of all My Tomorrows.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. The exercise has allowed me to remind myself that I have many, many things to be grateful for and I am sure, So do you.