Reorganizing and decluttering my craft studio seems even more of a nightmare than I had initially expected it to be. Its been nearly a month and Not even 10% of the mess is done with. There is barely any space to walk around, ;let aside organize. To make matters great, the Airconditioning conked out and the guys who came for the repair looked at the rooms upstairs as though a hurricane had hit our home. Sam is so distressed becoz of all the spill-off cartons in our master bed room. Virtually everyday, I’ve had to deal with the fear that anytime now, the bubble is goinna burst !! Being a perfectionist has its flaws. I cant trust anyone to do he kinda work that I know I am doing and therefore, I am carrying more than my share of the load. I will post the labels for the drawers and shelves in my next post hopefully.
Well at least it is a relief that the boys study room is ready and looks brand new. I completely loved the colors and impact the stripes are making. I will post a photo soon enough. Also a list of all the things I learnt from my organizing escapade
Here is a list of some of the interesting sites I found which helped in the decluttering and organizing bit :
Craft room organisation
- Create a stylish, efficient craft room
- A practical article by Chris Casson Madden on the key points to consider when planning a craft room
- Space for Crafts
- Economical solutions for craft areas and storage in the home
- Organizing Your Craft Room
- Some good advice on organizing a craft room by Karen Booy
- Designing Sewing and Craft Areas
- Cynthia Townley Ewer advises sewers and crafters to establish an ‘activity center’ around which a room is designed
- Claiming Your Space: A Guide to Reorganizing a Room and Reducing Clutter
- Judy Camp discusses planing the space, visualising the activity to take place in that space, clearing out the area and decluttering and then planing from there.
- Clearing Clutter To Create
- Scott Andrews suggests that clutter hinders creativity and points to clear steps to declutter your life
- Sewing Room Declutter
- Decluttering advice from Cynthia Townley Ewer
- Get Organized!
- Advice on how to tackle a declutter spring clean by Lisa Hightower
Using Space Effectively
- 10 Ideas for Using Your Space Effectively
- Maria Gracia lists key ideas for controlling clutter in the home which can easily be applied to sewing and craft rooms