At a time when my family is undergoing alot of changes and a whole lot of trama, my cousin in canada, who was unaware of my state of affairs, sent me this mail. It is simple and full of wisdom. Its strange how sometimes, when your in a particular situation, a particular quote fits your situation exactly and you can relate so rightly to it. In this particular incident every quote for probably written for me !!!
Take a 10 – 30 minute walk every day and while you walk, SMILE
· Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
· When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement….
o My purpose is to _______________ today.
· Live with the 3 E’s: Energy , Enthusiasm and Empathy
o And the 3 F’s: Faith, Family and Friends
· Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6
· Dream more while you are awake
· Try to make at least 3 people smile each day
· Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn, pass all the tests, problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
· Smile and laugh more, it will keep the energy vampires away.
- Life isn’t fair, but it is still good.
· Life is to short to waste time hating anyone.
· Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
· You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
· Make peace with your past, so it won’t mess the present.
· Don’t compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
· Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, don’t save it for a special occasion, today is special.
· No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Forgive everyone for everything.
· What other people think of you is none of your business.
· Time heals everything. Give time, time.
· However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will stay in touch.
· Get rid of everything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
· Believe. The best is yet to come.
· No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
· Do the right thing.
· Call your family often.
· Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statement….
o I am thankful for……
o Today I accomplished……
· Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
· Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want to fast pass. Make the most of it and enjoy the ride!