It is shocking and selfish how much harm can be done by one crazy religious man who is irresponsible and using his status to ruin so many lives and the peace which is becoming so difficult to keep up in the world these days. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Does this man not realize how infuriated the common muslim man/woman would be, should his religious scriptures be burnt ?? Would it not be the reason for riots and endangering the scores and scores of americans outstationed all over the middleeast ?? I mean the bigger picture could get so ugly so easily with one mad mans actions !!!
I find it unbelievable how everytime, in any part of the world, anyone commits a crime, who maybe remotely muslim or even related to a muslim, or even lives in a muslim neighbourhood, the media splashs the news as “Islamists, or Islamic extremists, or Islamic radicals” doings !!!! I mean, just wake up !!
What is the matter with these people, why drag Islam into everything ?? If George Bush and his forces attacked into Afghanistan, did the media report it as “christians attacking Afghanistan ?? No. Then why judge an entire community, based on some accusations which have not even been proved as yet. Nobody has been able to prove that 9/11 was actually caused by whom, so many speculations and so many theories …. but then, they did try to wipe out an entire generation in Afghanistan on the basis of theories …. how shameful !
When the Terry Jones story came out, I went thru the net world to see how the comman man in America felt about Islam and muslims, It really disappointed me that so many average americans felt so negative and wrote such nonsense and unbelievably rude things about Islam and Our prophet Mohammed, PBUH. It also goes to show that they have been kept away or given false information about our religion on that side of the Atlantic. I dont blame them. But I was disappointed when I read the comments to a post in washington post. It was really outrageous !!
Then I read a message from Dr Sabeel Ahmed from GainPeace.com and was so glad to read the contents.
You cannot force religion or beliefs on anyone. It comes from within. We all “need to” believe in a force greater than the world itself. We as muslims, already have that faith and we already know the “truth”. Although it is our job to spread and educate our nation with the truth, Hidayath will come only from Allah himself.
Here is what Dr Sabeel had written thanking Pastor Terry Jones and their link :
Thank you Pastor Terry Jones for your service to Islam !
1. Thanks for making Quran a bestseller. More copies Qurans and were sold on Amazon, local and online Islamic stores, thus providing humanity an opportunity to read and ponder over God’s guidance for humanity.
2. Thanks for the business. More people bought Islamic literature, along with the Quran, generating extra revenue for the Islamic stores.
3. More individuals visited the mosques to attend Muslim open houses and Islam presentations, thus receiving the wonderful message of Islam.
4. More individuals called on the GainPeace’s outreach hotline 800-662-ISLAM and inquired about the faith of Islam, giving Muslims an opportunity to explain Islam to our fellow citizens. You generated more publicity for Islam, then all our past outreach campaigns combined.
5. More people Googled the words ‘Islam’ and ‘Quran’.The more that you spoke about Islam and the Quran, more people came to Muslim websites to learn about the truth of Islam.
6. Libraries were busy loaning out copies of the Quran. Yes, libraries across the USA, Canada and Europe were busy lend out copies of the Quran to its patrons.
7. Thanks for saving the Muslims advertisement dollars. The free publicity to the words ‘Quran’ and ‘Islam’, that you gave, Muslims could have spent millions of dollars but couldn’t have generated the same publicity and attention of the media, and thanks to you, the word of God (the Quran) became a household word.
8. Thanks for waking up the Muslims. Muslim all across the world are now more passionate about the wonderful and peaceful faith of Islam and are eager to share it with their neighbors, colleagues, friends and humanity.
9. Thanks for encouraging more people to embrace Islam. We had more people calling, learning and embracing Islam in the past few weeks, then we ever had since the last 40 years.
10. Thanks for uniting the people of conscience, the Muslim, the Jews, the Christians, the Hindus, and the atheist, on the common platform of goodness, love and tolerance and against hatred, bias and bigotry.
Pastor Terry Jones, we pray that you actually read the Quran with an open mind and heart and ponder over its message of the oneness of God. If you love Jesus, follow the religion of Jesus, the religion of Jesus was Islam, submission to the The Creator. May God, enlighten you to the truth of Islam and that you start worshiping the One Creator as was preached and practiced by Prophets Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them. Welcome to Islam.
Dr. Sabeel Ahmed
The GainPeace Project, USA
Please follow the link below to read more.
Allah has his plans and “HIS plans are the BEST And superseed all others. Who would have thought that this silly terry Jones could have lead thousands to buy a book they were once apprehensive of !!!