Some very simple yet deep advices here.
This is such an inspirational quote. I know, so many of you who visit my blog on a regular basis could find some respite in reading this quote if your disillusioned or going thru some trauma (May Allah forbid) ~ I know alot of these quotes sound soothing but it takes REAL FAITH to get you going thru those deliemmas ~ when they do appear. For me, in my heart, all I believe is that Allah swt is always carrying me. And I am ALWAYS thanking and praising him for that. To be honest, “Thats” enough for me to believe.
I have had my share of troubles and confusions and even when there was NOT ONE SINGLE SOUL who could guide me, share with me, support me ~ there was Allah swt ALWAYS. Knowing that ~ believing in that ~ made everything so much more “liveable” for me otherwise, I cant imagine what my state would have been then !
Everyday, we struggle. Everyday, we are made to make choices. Everyday, we walk the thin line between haram and halal in small matters and sometimes big ones ~ but truth of the matter is that if you keep Allah swt in the center of all your decisions, you just cant go wrong. Question is “do you before it gets too late ? or Do you when its already too late ?
This world is a wild place and a few wrong steps, a few misplaced trusts can be “near fatal”. I know I took the leap knowing very well in my heart that “HE” would teach me how to fly ~ 18 years and counting, I am saying exactly how I felt then and now. Faith gives you wings !
Take the following quiz.
You don’t need a pen, pencil, or paper.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series Winners.
How did you do?
NONE of us remembers the headliners of yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers on the above quiz.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name a half dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Wasn’t that a lot easier?
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most
credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They’re the ones who care enough to spend personal time and effort for you.
They are special and let them know that today 🙂
Once three friends came to the …New York city. They decided to stay in a hotel during the visit. It so happened that their room ended up being on the 60th floor.
The policy of the hotel was that every night after 12:00 a.m. the elevators are shut down for security reasons. So on the next day, the three friends rented a car and went out to explore the city.
They enjoyed movies, concerts, and other things throughout the whole day. At one point, they remembered that they have to get back to the hotel before 12 a.m. When they arrived, it was beyond 12 a.m. at night.
The elevators were shut down. There was no other way to get back to their room but to take the stairs all the way to the 60th floor. All of a sudden, one friend got an idea.
He said “For the first 20 floors, I will tell jokes to keep us going.
Then another one of us could say wisdom stories for the next 20 floors.
Then, we will cover the other 20 floors with sad stories.”
So, one of the friends started with the jokes. With laughs and joy, they reached the 20th floor. Now, another friend started saying stories that are full of wisdom. So, they learned a lot while reaching the 40th floor.
Now, it was time for the sad stories. So, the third friend started thus, “My first sad story is that I left the key for the room in the car.”
Lesson For Us ♥: Now, what is the point of this story? This story resembles our life cycle. For the first 20 years of our life, we spend time in joking and enjoying whatever is out there.
Then, after we reach 20, we go into the work force, get married, have kids and this is the time when we use our wisdom.
Then, if we reach 40, we finally see the white hairs and begin to think that my life is coming to an end.
Moral ♥ : It’s better that we start our life in the very beginning by remembering death rather than preparing for it at the end our life when very few of us have the energy to obey ALLAH completely.
Assalam Alai kum Brothers and sisters. I hope all of you have been safe and in good health, where ever you stay.
My husband, samie send this mail which had these, really thought provoking one liners. Some of them really had me thinking. Infact, retrospecting. Please feel free to use them in your daily lives. Infact, It would be a great idea to use them on plaques etc. However please remember, anything which has Allah’s name should handled with care.
Here they are. Please tell me which you liked the most. ( number wise )
|1. Give Allah what’s right, not what’s left.2. Man’s way leads to a hopeless end. Allah’s way leads to an endless hope.
3. A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
4. He who kneels before Allah can stand before anyone.
5. In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma, but never let him be the full stop.
6. Don’t put a question mark where Allah puts a full stop.
7. Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to the mosque for a face lift.
8. When praying, don’t give Allah instructions, just report for duty.
9. Don’t wait for six strong men to take you to the mosque.
10. We don’t change Allah’s message. His message changes us.
11. The mosque is prayer-conditioned.
12. When Allah ordains, He sustains.
13. Warning: Exposure to Allah may prevent burning.
14. Plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah(Alaihi salaam) built the ark.
15. Most people want to serve Allah, but only in an advisory position.
16. Suffering from truth decay? Brush up on your Qur’an>an. r>
18. Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.
19. Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
20. Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
21. He who angers you, controls you.
22. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives are developed.
23. Give Satan an inch and he will be a ruler.
24. Allah doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called.
25. Read the Qur’an. It will scare the hell out of you.
A six-year-old boy told his father he wanted to marry the little girl across the street.
The father, being modern and well-schooled in handling children, hid his smile behind his hand.
‘That’s a serious step,’ he said.
‘Have you thought it out completely?’
‘Yes,’ his young son answered.
‘We can spend one week in my room and the next in hers. It’s right across the street, so I can run home if I get scared of the dark.’
‘How about transportation?’ the father asked.
‘I have my wagon, and we both have our tricycles,’ the little boy answered.
The boy had an answer to every question the father raised.
Finally, in exasperation, his dad asked, ‘What about babies? When you’re married, you’re liable to have babies, you know.’
‘We’ve thought about that, too,’ the little boy replied.
‘We’re not going to have babies.
Every time she lays an egg,
I’m going to step on it!
NOW THAT’S BIRTH CONTROL-!
now retired. During their visit their conversation turned into complaining about the stress in their work and lives.
itself adds nothing to the quality to the coffee. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups…and then you began eyeing each other’s cups.
The professor continued, “Now consider this: Life is the coffee; your job, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life. The style one cup has, does not define or change the
quality of life an individual lives. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us. The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.”