The art studio has been buzzing with activity finally over the past THREE weeks !! Although the idea was to complete the organizing bit by making the labels for all the boxes, my impatience got the better of me. I’ve done almost 12 beautiful pieces of art, not to mention the try outs which have found refuge in the dust bin ! Ofcourse the table has gone mad again with piles of bits of paper cuttings and tools scattered everywhere. How I get work done in the mess .. well . .. . . . . . IT IS an art !!
These are the scissors that I frequently use. There are two more racks with scissors, which I rarely ever use. Thing with scissors is :
- Place them in a way that displays their design side so that you dont pull out a dozen scissors before finding the one you intended to.
- Place them in an easily accessible area close to the work station.
At any given time, before I call it a day, here are a few pointers to what I do, inorder to stay focused because like most of you’ll, I too, cannot function when the cuttings get out of control.
- Put back all dies in the folders.
- Wash all soiled rubberstamps and keep them for drying on a dry napkin
- Gather all the paper cuttings in one area. so that although its still on the table its not E V E R Y W H E R E .
- Clear up the guillotine tray.
- Throw in the double sided glue strips in an airtight container lest they dry off and loose its strength.
- Last but not least, place all the new productions in a drawer or container so that they the glue adheres in a dry area.
- One thing I have realized is that I take out too many embellishments to ” try out”, when I decide It does not fit in, I just leave it there somewhere. I have lost one too many embellishments this way, so now I gather all such embellishments and keep them in a tiny box, end of my creative spree, I quickly push back everything in their respective containers.
This all must seem like alot but really it just takes a little over 15 minutes !!
Ribbons : although I have 5 wire baskets full of ribbons, I am yet to organize them. Hey, its alot of hard work !
I find placing ribbons in an open container like the wire crates very convenient, since I am a compulsive ribbon feeder, its nice to have “out in the open” rather than otherwise. I have tried several other options, but this suits me best.
This organizer makes locating tiny beads or brads so easy. It is efficient and handy. large enough to carry a big variety and small enough so as to be placed on a table top or shelf.