Ramadhan Mubarak to all of my dear brothers and sisters. May Allah swt accept all our duas and ibadaat especially during this holy month. Ameen. I have been MIA due to several reasons, one of which is also wanting to focus more on my ibadaat. (Sadly, I am one of those, who decides to “JUST” check on my messages on the various blogs/fb/messengers etc sites ~ and before, I know it, I have already “wasted” hours !!!! Therefore, this ramadhan, I decided to limit my “checking” time on the internet ~ Hence this message is primarily for me and then for all my brothers and sisters.)
Already the special last days have started and I wished to share some very beneficial information with you’ll.
I am, by no means, a perfect example, but as much as possible, we should try and use this month to make dhikr, voluntary prayers in addition to the Fard Salaats and charity ofcourse.
My children often ask me what they should supplicate during the “long” hours when they are banned from playstation and computers during this month and I found this wonderful site which had excellent comprehensive supplications which I, printed and distributed amongst my boys to recite and gain knowledge by reading the meaning and gain hasanah’s by reciting the arabic quotes.
I am sure if you tried something similar for yourself and your children, it will benefit you greatly. inshallah.
Here is the link from where I have borrowed it :-
There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:
1. 1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.
2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’aan 2400 times.
3. You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa’eel.
6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.
7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.
9. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.
11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying “Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.
13. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.
14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.
15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.
16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.
17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.
18. You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the books of du’aa’, in one minute.
19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.
20. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.
21. You can enjoin something good in one minute.
22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.
23. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.
24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.
25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Do you know the miracles of zamzam??
For those of you, who were not aware, I am sure, you will be surprised reading this brief. More than 1400 years and not a drop has lessened !!
The ZamZam water level is around 10.6 feet below the surface.
480,000 liters per minutes means that 480,000 x 60 = 28.8 Million liters per hour
And 28.8 Million liters per hour means that 28,800,000 x 24 = 691.2 Million liters per day
So they pumped 690 Millions liters of ZamZam in 24 hours,
BUT it was re-supplied in 11 minutes only.
Stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said by Hajirah Alaih As Salaam. Zimam is an Arabic word, it is the rope / REIN attached to bridle or noseband & it is used / pulled to stop the running animal.
Jesus DID NOT eat PORK [Levictus 11:7-8] Christians? They Eat. Muslims? DO NOT.
Jesus DID NOT drink ALCOHOL [Numbers 6:1-4] Christians? They Drink. Muslims? DONT.
Jesus PRAYED in PROSTRATION [Matthew 26:39] Christians? Don’t. Muslims? DO….
Woman were under COVER [Genesis 24:64-5] Christians? Don’t. Muslims? DO it.
Jesus greeted with PEACE BE UPON YOU (Shalem Alekhum) [John 20:19] Present day Christians say: Hi hellow. Muslims say: PEACE BE UPON YOU (As salamu ‘Alaikum)
Jesus FASTED. [Genesis 4:2]. Chrstians today? Don’t. Muslims: DO.
Interest PROHIBITED. [Deuteronomy 23:19] Christians? LOL. Muslims? Don’t take it.
Who are the better followers of Jesus (pbuh)????
WE MUSLIMS ARE THE BETTER FOLLOWER OF JESUS (pbuh), THAN THE SO CALLED CHRISTIANS.
O People of the Scripture, why do you confuse the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know [it]? [3:71]
And say, “Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart.” [Quran 17:81]
Once three friends came to the …New York city. They decided to stay in a hotel during the visit. It so happened that their room ended up being on the 60th floor.
The policy of the hotel was that every night after 12:00 a.m. the elevators are shut down for security reasons. So on the next day, the three friends rented a car and went out to explore the city.
They enjoyed movies, concerts, and other things throughout the whole day. At one point, they remembered that they have to get back to the hotel before 12 a.m. When they arrived, it was beyond 12 a.m. at night.
The elevators were shut down. There was no other way to get back to their room but to take the stairs all the way to the 60th floor. All of a sudden, one friend got an idea.
He said “For the first 20 floors, I will tell jokes to keep us going.
Then another one of us could say wisdom stories for the next 20 floors.
Then, we will cover the other 20 floors with sad stories.”
So, one of the friends started with the jokes. With laughs and joy, they reached the 20th floor. Now, another friend started saying stories that are full of wisdom. So, they learned a lot while reaching the 40th floor.
Now, it was time for the sad stories. So, the third friend started thus, “My first sad story is that I left the key for the room in the car.”
Lesson For Us ♥: Now, what is the point of this story? This story resembles our life cycle. For the first 20 years of our life, we spend time in joking and enjoying whatever is out there.
Then, after we reach 20, we go into the work force, get married, have kids and this is the time when we use our wisdom.
Then, if we reach 40, we finally see the white hairs and begin to think that my life is coming to an end.
Moral ♥ : It’s better that we start our life in the very beginning by remembering death rather than preparing for it at the end our life when very few of us have the energy to obey ALLAH completely.
It is said that when the angel of death is taking the rooh (soul) out of the body who passes away…. It is a painful experience.
They say that when the dead awakes On Qayaamat, the effect of the rooh being taken out will still be there.
Therefore, ALLAH has asked us to recite the Ayatul-Kursi after every Farz salaat and it is stated that whoever recites this, their rooh will be taken out as you would take out a strand of hair from a pile of flour. How light would that feel, subhan Allah !
May Allah save us from any sort of pain and may He let us die with Imaan in our hearts and save us from the azaab. Aameen.
There is no word as beautiful as Allah.
No example as beautiful as Rasulallah(SAW).
No lesson as beautiful as Islam
No song as melodious as Azan.
No charity as meaningful as Zakat.
No encyclopaedia as perfect as Al-Quran.
No prayer as perfect as Salaat.
No diet as perfect as fasting.
No journey as perfect as Hajj…
This is most common among us, most of us talk during Azaan… Read this..
The Holy Prophet(SAW) said, Stop doing everything during the Azaan, even reading the Quran, the person who talks during the Azaan will not
be able to say the Kalimah-e-Shahadat on his/her death bed….
READ THIS DUAA FOR BETTER LIFE
” Allahumma- inni-Ala-Zikr-ika-WA Shuk-rika-WA-husni-ibad-atika. “
I pray Allah swt gives all of us hidayat and may we all benefit from these duas. Ameen
“When she is a DAUGHTER, she opens a door of jannah for her father
When she is a WIFE, she completes half of the Deen of her husband
When she is a MOTHER, Jannah lies under her feet”
‘If everyone knew the true status of a Muslim women in Islam, even the men would want to be women” (Shaykh Akram Nadawi)
How blessed are we women in Islam that Allah swt has placed us at such a high pedestal where we bless our fathers, our husbands and our children with the rewards of Jannah just by being dutiful and chaste. Yet, how sadly misunderstood is the concept of women in Islam for the rest of the ignorant ~ media hungry world. The western media has depicted us in such an awfully oppressed light. If only they would stop being so biased and understand that every pearl is valued so long as it is treasured in its shell/oyster. Hence the sad state of those cultured pearls that go from hand to hand and still are unable to make its possessor feel special.
May Allah swt give us all the hidayat that we may do complete justice to the role we are in, be it that of a mother, sister, daughter or wife and even more importantly that we bring up our daughters in the beautiful light of Islam and how a muslimah conducts herself. Ameen.