1. When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it? (to be given a thought)
2. If the “black box” flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn’t the whole airplane made out of that stuff? (very good thinking)
3. Who copyrighted the copyright symbol? (who knows)
4. Can you cry under water?
5. Why do people say, “you’ve been working like a dog” when dogs just sit around all day? (I think they meant something else)
6. Why are the numbers on a calculator and a phone reversed? (Never noticed it till now !!)
7. Do fish ever get thirsty?
8. Can you get cornered in a round room?
9. Why do birds not fall out of trees when they sleep?
10. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,then what is baby oil made from? (No comments)
11. What should one call a male ladybird?
12. If a person suffered from amnesia and then was cured would they remember that they forgot?
13. Can you blow a balloon up under water? (yes u can)
14. Why is it called a “building” when it is already built? (strange isn’t it)
15. If you were traveling at the speed of sound and you turned on your radio would you be able to hear it? (got to think scientifically)
16. If you’re traveling at the speed of light and you turn your headlights on, what happens?
17. Why is it called a TV set when there’s only one?
18. Why do most cars have speedometer that go up to at least 130 when you legally can’t go that fast on any road?
19. If drink & drive is not allowed why the hell do they have parking in Bars?
****** Want more ?????
Take the following quiz.
You don’t need a pen, pencil, or paper.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series Winners.
How did you do?
NONE of us remembers the headliners of yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers on the above quiz.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name a half dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Wasn’t that a lot easier?
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most
credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They’re the ones who care enough to spend personal time and effort for you.
They are special and let them know that today 🙂
Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
Can a man legally marry his widow’s sister in the state of California?
No, he’s dead
Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
She lived in the southern hemisphere.
He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?
How many of each animal did Moses take on the ark?
Moses didnt make the ark, Noah did.
How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
Once, because after you subtract it’s not 25 anymore.
How much dirt is in a hole 4 feet deep and 2 feet wide?
There is no dirt in a hole.
I know a word of letters three, add two and fewer there will be.
If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
Roosters don’t lay eggs.
What has to be broken before it can be used?
What does no man want, yet no man wants to lose?
Work – Employment
How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?
Only one, the last one.
What is everything to someone, and nothing to everyone else?
Big as a biscuit, deep as a cup, even a river can’t fill it up. What is it?
A kitchen strainer.
What goes up and never comes down?
What’s the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?
To cover cows.
I have been with Facebook for the last year and a half, I confess I am a major addict ! Need to open fb and know who’s saying what about my pics or who’s feeling whatever. One thing peculiar I found here is strangely enough, most people, are almost always, trying to discover or rediscover themselves. Hence these quizes, what stone are you, what flower are you, what music are you, what !@!@# are you…………. If you go to the quiz section, you will be surprised by the types of quizes they have. But I think its becoz they have tapped into human phsycology. Not only are we keen to know ourselves better but we also want someone or something to tell us that we “good”, “liked”, “Charming” or whatever positive adjective can be used there !
The other day, I posted Jeremy’s article which stated that people talk more on or to the computer than to people do to eachother. I felt I needed to add to that. Internet is a “mostly secure” world. A large proportion of the users dont leave their identity or contact details, they have an alias. Most of us dont even have our pics posted, for fear of being misused. In such a case, it is so easy to talk to people, pass comments on people, discuss problems without being judged, becoz your just a username. Thats who we become .. another username. A blog becomes our daily diary and we can pen type all our feelings without the fear of being “Judged” We talk to the computer becoz unfriendly comments can be unapproved easily with/without confrontations, unlike how it happens in the real world. Internet has turned into a safe haven coz its a real world within an unreal world.
We yearn for acceptance .. Theres plenty here. The ‘disapprovals’ go in the ” junk box “
Life is not like that. People we meet and are friends with are not like that. They may have something to say that does leave an impact on how or what we feel. We dont really have the option of sending it to the junk box. We learn to take it with a pinch of salt. AND THEN,,,, we write a long post about it on our blog.