One of the most common remarks, I am accustomed to getting by visiting friends and relatives is, how my house has got highlights of wicker/cane made items dotted all around my home. It is true.
I love wicker, the color, the feel, the texture and how it adds such a rustic look to any contemprary home. If wicker gets you ticking, do let me know too.
I have at least 4 dozen baskets, all shapes, sizes, designs, woved with cloth and jute ..
My baskets are used in every possible way.
- They are used to store cutlery in and large laddles and spatulas.
- Table Napkins on the buffet table
- Toiletries in the bathroom
- Tissue rolls and handtowels in the washrooms
- Stationery on the boys tables
- Small and big toys in different sizes of baskets.
- Soiled laundry in the upper bathrooms
- Various uses of these baskets in my craft studio.
We have had to find some of them, a new house in the “New Shed” ! Remember the new shed. dont ya’ll ?